Friday, April 08, 2005

Cautious Optimism

For those of you who don't know me from Adam (who is a great guy, but I don't know how you could confuse us) I am connected to Matt, joined at the hip actually. I was part of the same madness that happened at the Sol Cafe and I am to be one of the pastors at the House (just about called it the Hose, which would be a great name for a bar coincidentally).

Anyway, I had lunch with someone from the Sol yesterday, someone with whom I was just developing a friendship before all this happened and someone whom I don't want to lose as a friend, like so many others there. I think I have been able to escape from the whole dabacle with a minimal amount of pain and I have tried to release my resentment and anger at the whole thing to God. Because of this, I hope to be able to bridge the gap between the two sides as time goes on and this meeting was a small step in that direction.

Most of our conversation yesterday involved answering questions each of us had about things that happened and trying to evaluate the situation as it stands now. I think there is hope for reconciliation but I wonder how much the stubborness of people will play into it and how ready people are to actually extend forgiveness (seventy times seven). Nevertheless, we plan to continue meeting and talking about these things and about church, and where there is communication there is hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home