Thursday, March 23, 2006

Meatless In Seattle

Three weeks into Lent and the only meat which has passed my lips was my birthday supper from mom and dad (crab and lobster to be exact, not a bad way to cheat on a fast!). It's been really eye-opening to avoid meat especially at restaurants, where only two or three things on the menu are sans meat. It gives me an appreciation for vegetarians who must deal with this all the time and also for the fact that we eat SO MUCH MEAT in our society. I know that I will not be able to go without eating meat for the rest of my life (I loves me some steak!!!), but I will definitely be cutting back on the quantity. If I can go 40 days without meat and do just fine that says something about our diets.

To avoid too much feather-ruffling:
Ali, don't worry, we can still go for steak.
Amanda, don't get too excited, I'm not a Vegan quite yet.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger Nietzsche's Girl said...

My feathers!!!
MY FEATHERS!!!!!
Oh the humanity

 
At Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Vegan, let's not go nuts. At least not until you've experienced the joy of ripping a helpless egg away from it's mother Bwahhha

 
At Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this means that our excursion to the seal hunt will be put off this year?

 
At Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:38:00 PM, Blogger Maria said...

You think there is a lot of meat, try complex carbs. Everything is carbs!

 
At Monday, March 27, 2006 4:31:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your in Seattle? Well, you probably are not by the time I read your post. I just got home from Edmonton today.

 
At Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drool... Meat Nuts.
When is lent over again?

 
At Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(#)Meat nuts roasting on an open fire... (#)
(#) In other news...some barbarian who called himself Chuck Elves was caught flaying a rare species of albertan seal today...police would later say that the crazed man kept on repeating the words "meat nuts"... (#)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home