Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Am Brian McLaren

Rather than spewing a tirade of quotations from "a Generous Orthodoxy" I will simply recommend that you read the book for yourself. It is an excellent approach to forming a new way of life that is both orthodox (meaning "right thinking") and generous (seeking to love and unite everyone under the banner of Christ rather than to create another denomination); I don't know where the title comes from though. Throughout this approach many branches and styles of Christianity are examined for their good, bad, and ugly, thus offering a good summary of where we have come from and how to reconcile the past 2000 years of numerous "one-and-only" belief systems.

I should really write for book jackets. Charles Elves of Nowhere Important says...

It's an easy read and it saves me all the trouble of repeating everything Brian says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home