Thursday, March 30, 2006

Nature, Naturally

Why do I live in the city again? Oh right, so I can live the high life.

I really need to get out of this mind-numbing, soul-stealing jungle. I know this is another repeat post from last year, but every winter I feel the crunch, especially when I don't get out to the mountains enough.

Every single thing in a city is man-made. Even the "nature" is artificially established by us. Everything in a city is designed to keep out or control nature to the point where we are completely cut off and "safe" from it. Rain is a nuisence. Snow is definitely a nuisence. Cold and hot and animals and wind and dirt are conveniently replaced with a perfect 22 degress (except at Dabar), crowded streets, and smog. Yay!

I think I need to take a couple of trips this summer to the mountains with nothing but a tarp, sleeping bag, and food.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:23:00 AM, Blogger Jeff A said...

I totally hear you and I am with you for the trips that I can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home