Monday, November 21, 2005

Of Poetry And Ketchup

I was quite interested to hear the responses to my last post. I have never really written a poem before (if that's even what you'd call it) and certainly never shared one. It seems that some were worried about me (a comforting thought) and how I was doing. Well, I thought I should clarify that the poem was not really about me...sort of. It was an expression of a feeling that I have had lately that, while I am surrounded by people who hurt, I have been relatively unscathed by the storm.

Having done this, I have probably broken the cardinal rule of not explaining poetry, but screw it!

In other news, I have been quite enjoying the goings on of The House lately. Despite the fact that there have been no huge, organized events or major happenings (not to mention the total lack of Matt) I have relished the small things (and ketchuped the rest). After a good discussion with MacK last week, in which he soundly scolded me for all the wrong in the world, I have enjoyed working with him to keep us moving towards Christlikeness. It was also good to be able to spend more time with Jeremy this past weekend as time with him is a novelty (tear!). Yes, it seems that I have been blessed with more solid time with those whom I care about and that the foundations of The House are strong in the force.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Maria said...

What about me? You don't spend time with me.

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Matt Thompson said...

Yeah, yeah, I'm coming, I'm coming! Soon I will be among you, like a theif in the night, in the twinkling of an eye... :)

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

Two weeks? That's the slowest eye-twinkle I've ever heard of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home