Monday, November 14, 2005

Thanks A Lot

You know the saying "careful what you wish for, it may come true"? Well it did. I pray at The House gathering yesterday that God would be a thorn in my flesh (yeah, okay, not the smartest thing to do...it's like walking into a room of cobras and saying "let's see what you got!"). I prayed that He would not allow me to be comfortable with the superficial "how's it going?" approach to relationships. I prayed that I would be uncomfortable with not being intentional in my relationships and that He would nag me to seek deeper. Well, guess what...Omni-Nag!

The problem with prayer is that it only works when you pray God's will and His will is rarely the super fun, no work, happy dance way of things. But once you plunge into the impunitious maelstrom that is God's will there is no end to where it will take you.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find that I keep running into that inconvenient business about taking up my cross.

 
At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:12:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

The moral of the story is never pray for anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home