Wednesday, November 15, 2006

God Takes A Timeout

I should have been born a rally car driver!

In perhaps more important matters I am struck by further readings in Exodus. When God sends Moses and the Israelites on their way after the calf debacle, he says to Moses:

Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way. (Exodus 33:3)

I find this both humorous and depressing at the same time. It's like God is saying, "Alright we'll keep going, but I need a time out...or I might WIPE YOU FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!" How many times has God had to do this with me? "Okay, glad that little episode is over now let's get going again...but you'll have to go alone for a bit because I really want to throttle your neck right now and I'm afraid of what I might do." Maybe that's why we sometimes feel a little alienated from God...who knows?!

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 17, 2006 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

What have you done to your car mate?!! Maybe those blokes just got whiplash from sledging or wrestling or something, and thats why they've got stiff necks! Thats always my excuse! Hope you didn't crash or something like that. Cheers mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home