Friday, February 02, 2007

Cain't Git No Betta!

Here I sit getting paid to blog while the new lackey does all the work...and it's completely legit because I'm 'training' him. How sweet it is!

Here's an interesting and completely new thought - did you know that our purpose as Christians is not to simply get to heaven, but rather to love God on earth and build His kingdom by loving our neighbours! It seems that so many Christians are just passing through, waiting for this life to end so they can go home. The preceding was said with just a hint of sarcasm, but sometimes I do wonder if this is a new idea to some of us, or at the least something that we don't really take to heart on an ongoing basis.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, February 04, 2007 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

What! The world is not our oyster, to be drained of the good stuff, and thrown to the side since we get new one anyhow? How strange!

I hear you, it's always a hard thing to remember that every person I meet, I will know for eternity. Somehow this is such a stretch for our mind to comprehend and act on.

 
At Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

purpose, was that day 12 because I'm much past that now and am on day 29 so my memory is a little vague!

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 1:45:00 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Ya know, I think I just heard the Arch-bishop of York say something about that last week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home