Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sellout That Funky Music

Don't get me wrong, everyone knows that I'm the world's biggest rap fan, but there's something I don't understand. As I'm sitting here listening to rap blaring (used loosely) from the laptop of the whitest kid I've ever seen (other than myself of course...represent!) I wonder what has happened to this form of music that now makes it appeal to whitebred homeslices everywhere. Weren't it's roots developed as a response to oppression and life in the ghetto? How can some yuppy white kid from Twin Brooks have any idea what it's like to be enslaved as a people? Has rap just sold out to the almighty dollar of the same mucky-mucks which it was so opposed to it in the first place? Hmmm...let me think...

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 7:28:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I believe it was around the time that music executives came up with the never fail math formula money+cars+scantallycladevideoho=$

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006 11:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sellout?? sellout? you call that a sellout? here's a sellout:

1. Go to the polls for the Canadian Blog Awards
2. Scroll down to "Best Religious Blog"
3. Select "Felix Hominum"
4. Scroll to the bottom to hit "register vote". You are NOT required to vote in any other category, but you are free to.
5. Repeat daily: you can vote once a day from Nov 25 until Dec 1, and forward this to your friends

 

Post a Comment

<< Home