Monday, January 22, 2007

I Feel So Dirty

I really hate cell phones. I hate people who talk too loudly on them. I hate people who try to talk to the person on their cell phone while trying to order a drink or ask a question and then get upset with me because I can't decipher between the two conversations. I hate people thinking that they have the right to talk to you at anytime, anywhere because you have a cell. Okay, so maybe I just hate people, not cell phones!

Anyway, I've had a cell for a few months now due to lack of landline-age and it's been...livable. Now we needed to get one for Erika and so, of course, I sold out and we each got spankin' new phones. Now I feel dirty. And I have a new burning anger for the ridiculousness that is cell phone companies. When you get a landline you pay one fee (unless you go apey on the calls to Lithuanikistanialand) and you're done. But with cell phones you get extra fees up the blingy and I can't figure out who spends $3.50 a piece for ringtones or images even if they do contain women of ill repute!

And now I'm supporting the whole system. I can barely look at myself in the 0.3 megapixel capture of...myself.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:40:00 PM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

Thanks for the reminder and the laugh. I feel your pain, but not really scince I dumped mine on you. If it's any consolation, OZ is twice the price - people who phone cell phones from a landline or another phone are charged long distance rates, plus the guys on the cell phone pays long distance too. Double whammy! Woe to me, the day I thought telus was fair. Anyways, talk to you later, you big cell-out. (sorry, I couldn't help mycellf.)

 
At Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Rach said...

I'll have my people call your people and we'll do lunch. (Then you won't have to use your phone...what's what you pay them for right?)

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 3:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk, shame shame double shame, but it sure makes me feel better about my sinfull state

 
At Sunday, January 28, 2007 1:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOWN WITH THE CELL PHONE!
Damn the man
damn the cell phone
I hate them too. I can't think of an easier way to wreck a fabulous day/event/dinner/walk/drive/coffee/nap/movie/NAFTA meeting.

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I believe Mike MacDonald said it best when he said something like "the only difference between a business man and a crazy rambling homeless man is the cell phone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home