Tuesday, December 05, 2006

When The Saints...

Have you ever had one of those moments where everything comes together and the secrets of life are revealed to you? Where all the flotsam and jetsam of life fades away and only that which matters remains?

Today I went with my pastor to visit a member of the church who is not long for this world. Rather than being filled with sorrow or pity or remorse I found myself almost bursting from joy! Sounds terrible I know, but here was a man who has walked closely with God for so many years and is now accepting his death not with fear or regret, but rather with the deepest sense of relief and freedom and pure joy imaginable. After a long life filled with all the sorrows, trials and a thousand natural shocks another of the saints is going home. And he couldn't be more ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home