Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Oh, Fork Goodness Sake!

Ah yes, another of the great crossroads of life. Once again I find myself faced with two distinct paths. One involves living and ministering in a completely foreign culture and all the excitements and trials that go with it. The other, staying here in a familiar (although still somehow foreign...) culture, which some say is the most difficult mission field there is. I honestly feel that this is a time where God has placed these two options before me and assured me that both are equally valuable (although in entirely different ways). In some ways it's comforting to know that I can't screw up too badly either way, but it's also difficult to choose.

On one hand I long to go to a place where people are crying out for spiritual fulfillment and to show them how Jesus is that. On the other, I am coming to realize more and more the nature of the mission field right here - a world where Christianity is known all too well and is not on good terms with most people. Maybe I'll just stay here long enough to fix all the problems here first and then I'll move on to other countries...

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 12, 2007 11:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck - I write for the Edmonton Journal and I'm working on a story about speed scrabble. I noticed you wrote about it on someone else's blog -- wondering, are you a fan? If so, could you give me a call? I'm eager to interview some people who like this game.
Thanks
429.5306

 

Post a Comment

<< Home