Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Deafening Silence

WARNING: Some readers may find the following to be very obscure and/or obfuscated. Those with little or no creativity in their souls may wish to pass over this post and read something about how to make more money.

When was the last time you got out of the city and found some wilderness (whatever that may look like for you...RV with full satellite, campground with showers and toilets, or naked in a lean-to with some minty dental floss and a plastic spoon (that's right, not a spork, but a spoon!))? I was in Willmore (just north of Jasper) this past weekend and spent some much needed time laying by a river, doing nothing. I was struck by the sound of the silence. Even with the sounds of the river rushing beside me, birds singing, and the wind there was an undercurrent of pure silence. This is something you just can't find in the city or even in small towns. If you haven't taken time to get out and listen to the silence I suggest you drop what you're doing right now and go!

6 Comments:

At Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*tear* and i wanted to come. stupid cancelled camping trip and not enough communication with you. blah. well in any case you lucky bugger.
cheers
charity
:)

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

Daaaaamn you, your rivendell-wilmore ent forest, your lightfooted magical wilderness teasings...

OK, forget it, I'm over it.

DAAAAMNN YOU!

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

If there is one thing asia has tuahgt me, it is that spoons are the most practical of eatery instruments. I nearly beleive they are more handy than towels. And you know how I feel about towels.

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

I`ve also learned to spell here, apparently.

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Martha said...

I went. I saw. I listened. I couldn't find the t-shirt!

 
At Sunday, July 22, 2007 4:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh yes the sound of silence, music for the soul

we're in canmore right now, visiting with family,

that whole lying down by the river (or under a tree) is the right stuff alright

paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home