Monday, July 18, 2005

Wayne Christ Superstar

I met Jesus yesterday. He said his name was Wayne, but I knew different.

What struck me the most (other than the fact that we've had the wrong name all these years) was how dirty and uncomely he was, not at all like in the pictures, and he was just hanging out in front of Starbucks, not reading his Bible or planning the next big tent revival. But I'm positive it was him.

Let me explain...no, there is too much...let me sum up.

At first I didn't recognize him at all. I walked right past this shopping cart full of cans and other sundry items on my way to Starbucks for a tasty beverage. But something called me back to that cart and lo and behold the very Son of God was standing there, unkempt, unwashed, and unnoticed. So what do you do when you meet the saviour of the world?...well, you buy him a coffee, that's what. So I did, and we chatted about our favorite music (he knows all about M.C. Hammer...dance and all!) and the blessings of rain. It wasn't exactly what I expected meeting Jesus to be like, no bright lights, skillful worship bands, or powerful sermons.

Jesus is a bum who lives on Jasper Ave. He doesn't bite, I don't think I got any diseases from him, he likes M.C. Hammer and the only thing in the whole world for which he is in wont is love.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Nietzsche's Girl said...

I was with you, and I totally missed it... no wonder he hasn't spoken to me in months! I mean, he must be busy on Jasper ave finding food and shelter and people who recognize him enough to buy him a coffee....

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

I second what Matt said.

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:36:00 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

How very articulate of you guys.

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a good thing to hear.Reminds me of the old story of 2 men walking down the street. A bum approaches and asks the men for money. The first man refuses and makes to walk forward. The 2nd man, however, reaches in his pocket and hands the man a few bills. The first man scoffs and wonders aloud how his friend can be so sure that the bum will not use the money for drugs or booze. The 2nd man replies, "I can't be sure. But I think that at this moment, God was testing my heart, not his."

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:31:00 AM, Blogger Rach said...

I am puzzled...I think it's just me.

 
At Monday, August 01, 2005 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Paul Seburn said...

cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home