Thursday, June 16, 2005

Everybody's Doing It

So I guess I'll give in to peer pressure adn do this book thing.

How Many Books Do I Own?

Between 250 and 300 (unless Erika says otherwise).

Last Book I Bought?

"The Philosopher's Handbook" - Various - good general overview of each branhc of philosophy
"How to Avoid Stupid Blog Chain Letters" - Stickin Themud - if only I had had the time to read this earlier

Last Book I Read?

"Groundwork for the Metaphysic of Morals" - Immanuel Kant - the foundation of it all
"Reimagining Spiritual Formation" - Doug Pagitt - the emergent church's answer to the Book of Mormon (insulting two religions at once...that takes skill)
"Ezekiel" - Yahweh - crazy, crazy man

5 Books that Meant Alot to Me

1. The Bible - Yahweh - yeah, yeah, you're just jealous because you all forgot to give props to your Creator.
2. Reimagining Spiritual Formation - Doug Pagitt - influenced a lot of my thinking on this very blog. Is it to late to add this to the canon?
3. Go, Dog. Go! - P. D. Eastman - where it all began.
4. Horatio Hornblower - C. S. Forester - my dad read these books to me when I was a wee lad...tear.
6. How to Count Properly - Peter Sarcasmotron 5000GT - I love this book.

And now I will pretend that I tagged Rachel before I read her blog so that she can feel special, and I also don't have to come up with someone else to tag, thus not leaving anyone out.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, June 16, 2005 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Matt Thompson said...

Excellent. If only I could think of something witty to say.

 
At Friday, June 17, 2005 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Wait, didn't Mel Gibson write that first book that meant a lot? I'm confused. And blasphamous apparently

 
At Friday, June 17, 2005 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Rach said...

I don't take pity tags, so you can take your fake tag and shove it up your.....

....is what I would say if I was a total asshole....which I'm not (today) so... Thanks for the pretend tag, even though it was a cop out, and can I borrow that sarcasmo book? If I'm hanging out with you guys this weekend I may need it....

OK, I'm feeling really mean. I actually really enjoy hanging out with all of you and you have all been wonderfully supportive and encouraging to me this past year and I love you all....

....mean to mushy in 3.5 seconds... can a Smart Car do that?

 
At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Rogue said...

Here's one I think you'll enjoy: The Clash of Orthodoxies by Prof Robert George of Princeton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home