Monday, September 05, 2005

Belated Pictures

Here are some much belated pics of our holiday in August. These are from our backpacking trip in Willmore Wilderness Park (just north of Jasper) with Charity and MacKenzie. More pics of our trip out west to come.

Setting out on the road less travelled (we saw only 15 people the entire weekend!).

One of several glacier-fed stream-crossings. Nice and refreshing...yeah, that's it!

Charity, MacKenzie and I climbed this mountain just outside of basecamp.

Backcountry kitchen.

Aren't they a cute couple? Couple of what I don't know.

And the aftermath.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You call that a "stream crossing"? Is that what that little puddle jumping exercise is? Why I"ll show you a "stream crossing"... :^)

 
At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

I will remind you that I said "stream" and not river, even though it is in fact the Wildhay River. The point was that there were many (6 in total, 2 in pitch black) not that they were difficult, so back off Mountain Man Joe! :^)

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Found you via SoS comments. Thanks for the reminder of my own trip to the Rockies. It was in Wyoming's Wind River Range -- some of the most secluded forest in the lower 48, but nothing compared to Canada and Alaska.

I at least used to live near the beautiful Ozark mountains. Now I'm stuck in the Dallas metroplex, several hours from anything scenic. Feh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home