Thursday, October 06, 2005

Cars Are Great...Until They Break

My car has died. It started sputtering yesterday morning, but I managed to get it running smoothly for the rest of the day. Then it was fine this morning on the way to work so I thought it was the cold or that it flooded or something. Wrong. After work I went to drive home and it died again never to restart. So here I sit at Dabar waiting for the tow truck (chaching!) and the impending replacement of what appears to be the throttle housing (chaching!). The worst part is that this is most likely my own fault for not having it looked at sooner (moving, House, dog, you know) and now a simple thing will cost me an extra $100 or so just to get it to the shop. And I may not be able to go home for Thanksgiving, but at least my morning was good.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, October 06, 2005 3:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Chuck, that is terrible! I hate that! If you end up staying in town - join us at Sol for Thanksgiving!!!
good luck-rent, borrow
Shirley

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Now you can switch to the more environmentally friendly bike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home