Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Despair And Pizza

Tonight the ranks of our cult grow two-fold as I have invited both of my volleyball teams over for pizza and social night. I think some of them are actually a little apprehensive about coming as (jokingly) described The House as a cult. Most of them, being first-year Bible college students, probably see thinking outside the box as using agean blue for the powerpoint slides instead of slate grey; maybe some of them have upgraded to a celtic prayer and a candle.

Thinking about this has forced me to remember how I perceived Christianity coming out of HS and how I view it now that I am so mature and wise. It's so, so, so, so hard not to be bitter and jaded towards the ways of the church and how far removed it is from the way it could be. When I think of this I totally understand Mack's speak of his manic-depressive nature. Sometimes I am so overwhelmed with the way God moves in communities and bodies of believers, while the stiffling of others leaves me in total despair for God's Kingdom. Fortunately, as I have just finished writing the word "Kingdom" I am reminded that it is God who is in control of how this turns out and not us, so it cannot fail to become what He has set out for it to be! Whew!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Maria said...

Thou are wise old one. How could I ever fathom your ways? I am still in university.

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't let on about the summer intern work program at the vegetable farm, did you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home