Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How Do You Spell 'Aughalughlagh'?

I came this close ( || ) to purchasing a dream on Monday (translation: I almost made the biggest mistake of my life by purchasing said dream without appropriate authorization from higher powers (read: wife), thus forfeiting my life, but man, it would have been a sweet way to go). Matt and I went test-driving…enough said. But I'll say more anyway. Matt wanted to drive the new Mini. I know what you're thinking - Matt and I and the car guy in a Mini; that's a caper in itself. But we were somewhat disappointed with the car so we went for an old standby…Volkswagen.

I've been looking at trading in the old Golf (9 years old already!) for a new Jetta so we went to check it out. I've been eyeing the diesels, but decided to test the 2.0L turbo model…SWEET MONKEY!!! I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I schooled almost every car on the road. I realize that 200 hp is not the most powerful car ever produced, but I think it was more the change from the dearly loved golf to a four-banger with no shortage of WOOHOO! Think uncle Bob pushing you uphill on a magic sandpaper carpet compared to a greased monkey entering the atmosphere! I mean, you can see what I'm talking about right?!

Then Matt made the fatal mistake of "checking out the Audi show room." Then it was all like, "Oh, you have a demo model A3 at an insanely reduced price for 0 down and payments which are actually within the scope of reason?" "No, I don't even like Audis. They make me want to puke!" "Aughalughlagh!"

I suppose it's for the best though. I don't know if I could get used to looking down on everyone like that. I hear it's lonely at the top.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Maria said...

its nine years old already? really? ooh, i still think of that car as new. no audi? i understand, and i do hear its lonely at the top, although i've never been there myself.

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:51:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, Jettas are Rad! I have a 2000 vr6 and over 1.5 years later, I still can't help but grin while I am driving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home