Tuesday, May 17, 2005

But Then It Rains

How could you not love the rain? I don't think there is a more powerful example of God's work in the world than rain. Drops of life falling from the sky, making everything clean and fresh, bringing a new beginning to all. And to throw the awesome power of lightning on top of that, c'est magnifique...non?

Whilst living in the city, rain is almost the only thing that reminds me of God. What with all the concrete, steel, noise, traffic, and rushiness it's hard to see His workings. But then it rains.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Erika said...

What a beautiful day - dripping wet is the best way for the world to be!

 
At Tuesday, May 17, 2005 3:07:00 PM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

Yeah the thunder made me think of your lament on Sunday for your long awaited thunderstorm. I sat back and enjoyed it all, hope you guys did too!

 
At Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a seattle kid, I can't agree more. Just today, while lookinga outside at the rain, I commented to a friend "when it rained in Edmonton (which it hardly did, maybe a total of 5 times in three years) Me & other friends from washington would make it a point to go stand outside."

Although we had a rare bolt or two of lightning a few days ago, I am super hoping the forcast for a thunderstorm tomorrow is correct.

I find the science behind rain very creative as well as facinating. It usually reminds me of how big of an imagination God has.

 
At Monday, May 30, 2005 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Paul Seburn said...

I'm going to remember what I read here next time it rains

 

Post a Comment

<< Home