Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Rags to Cloth, Man of the

All of a sudden I go from some poor shmuck with no purpose in life to the pastor of a church and marrying Jorgen and Lee-Ann this Saturday. It's quite a shift in thinking.

This wedding should be fairly casual, lots of people I know and Jorgen and Lee-Ann are good friends, and yet I don't know how nervous I will be. I don't have extreme stage fright or anything, but I do tend to suffer from a dry throat whilst speaking, which could be tricky when performing a wedding ceremony.

What with The House putting an offer on the house (note: lower case vs. upper case) and performing a wedding this weekend I'm having quite a week for paradigm shifts. And yet it doesn't quite seem real. Maybe once we move into the house there will be more to do and it will feel more concrete.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Rach said...

You should start wearing the little white collar - that would be awesome!! I love watching people's reactions to that thing... or I'm guessing I would since I don't actually know anybody who wears it. Jorgan and Leanne are getting married this weekend? Wow that's great. Pass on our congratulations to them... and by that I mean mine and Derek's, even though he hasn't technically condoned this particular Congratulations yet, I'm sure it will be fine.
Thanks for feeling my wedding broke-ness pain. Matt (my brother) told me that when they got married they got some cards from people that couldn't afford to give them gifts and he said that was great, so that's encouraging. Anyways, this is the longest comment I've ever written... so you should feel special....stopping now.

 
At Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on Saturday Chuck, I hope they give you a cool robe to wear. Or at the very least, a cape and mask of some sort

 
At Friday, May 13, 2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Lightfoot said...

Yeah have fun with it on Saturday Chuck! We promise not to make too many funny faces at you just to see you burst out in laughter at some critical moment in the ceremony... :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home