Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Two Words

I only have two words for the sweetness of today...ci gar. Well, okay I'll write a bit more. One of my best friends, Blair Major, is back in town and this time it's for good as he is going to law school at the UofA. We spent the day hanging out and much sweetness ensued. Lunch at Tony Roma's (2 meals for $10.99, how can you go wrong?), then we bought a couple of cigars at La Tienda and enjoyed them at a park. A beautiful day in the park, smoking a cigar, and talking philosophy with a good bud, is there anything better?

Anyway, I'm really starting to get back into the desire to expand my knowledge and interests. Now that I've been out of school for a year (excluding the couple of courses I took this last year) I can pick things I am interested in and go at my own pace...no pressure...beautiful! Currently I am rekindling my love of philosophy (maybe partly because Blair is back and also because Ali is ensconced in it). I read a little Kant and just picked up Keirkegaard (I thought I'd start in the Ks and work my way out...haha). This time around (with scads of experience under my belt) I'm approaching the subject from a different tack. I'm trying to avoid the pendulum swing from total rational thought to total experiential focus. I'm trying to maintain my sense of awe and mystery about God and the world, while gaining new insight into the rational nature of man. Should be fun.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Paul Seburn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Paul Seburn said...

Ah Cigars! I have a cuban in it's own tin awaiting the right moment in time. I usually opt for the slimmer colts or whatever, this one is "one rank stogie".

Perhaps we can share it, I certainly could not bear to smoke it myself.

 
At Friday, May 27, 2005 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

A cigar shared between fellow journeyers. Kind of has a peace-pipe fell to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home