Thursday, February 23, 2006

Neo-Quasi-Pseudo-Hippy-Ish

A friend of mine recently said that I am becoming a neo-hippy. I think I like that idea. Granted, I don't agree with all of the pillars of hippydom, but I do resonate with most of the ideas. So, following in that strain, I am thinking about selling the Golf and buying a scooter.

Now I don't know if hippies would ride scooters, but I am a modern Neo-Quasi-Pseudo-Hippy so I can break the rules. I do know that it saves a huge amount of strain on the environment (not to mention my wallet) and the scooter culture (insert sarcastic jab here) is fairly parallel to the Neo-Quasi-Pseudo-Hippy culture. Yes, I will have to ride the bus for a number of months in the winter (unless we have more winters like this current one), but that's a small price to pay.

And of course I don't want just any old boring modern scooter, but rather one from the good old days of yore. Yes, a '60s Vespa! Such as this:



Oh Yeah!!!

5 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Erika said...

Are you sure you don't want a Neo-Quasi-Pseudo 60s Vespa?

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Rach said...

I know someone who might be interested in the Golf if you're selling! Despite the fact that it sounds like me, it's not - although I would buy it if I could! Good luck with your hippy-dom. I know a great wheat-grass place if need be ;-)

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 8:22:00 AM, Blogger Paul Seburn said...

far out! , neo groovy, right arm man.

oh yeah baby there were some great vibes that had their start in the 60's. we have the advantage of hind sight to know which ones were "real love".

cool

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 8:10:00 PM, Blogger Maria said...

ooh chuck, moving up in the world eh?

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:03:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

You're very lucky to have erika

 

Post a Comment

<< Home