Friday, March 03, 2006

Are You Alive Today?

What is the purpose of this current day in the scheme of your life? Was today productive, a waste, non-existant? Is looking for tomorrow the purpose of getting through today?

I realize I am no the first to go down this line of questioning (not even the first in my blog circle), but I can't help thinking that the way we look at our time is so backwards. we scratch and claw to get through each day towards...what?...a car?...a house?...retiremtent?...the weekend?...then what? That's not a purpose. Living your life to reach a certain point in time/status is not a reason to live. We tend to look at our time like a resource and, while I agree that we should make the most of the time we are given, it's not something to be horded. Each and every day is a complete gift with an equal possibility for joy, sadness, love, regret, hope...

I know there are times in life when I must do things I don't want to and days which never seem to end, but I want to stop living each day as though I'm merely surviving it and live like I was meant to...like God meant for me to. Perhaps you could think of it as Life to the Fullest! I like the sound of that!

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 03, 2006 8:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Chuck. We are dead. Sorry to dissapoint.

 
At Saturday, March 04, 2006 7:39:00 PM, Blogger Maria said...

thanks chuck, i needed that, university is easy to look at as a means to an end.

 
At Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have come that they might have life and have it more abundantly" - John 10:10 - now, this minute, this day!!! Thanks for the reminder Chuck.
love Shirley

 
At Monday, March 06, 2006 9:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The purpose of my day occurred at precisely 8:45 am this morning.

I was on my way to an important series of tasks in order to prepare for a meeting. As I was heading out the door Alisa called to me and asked if there was any way I could do the dishes and clean up the kitchen and do some other stuff with the kids - even though earlier she said that she would do all this stuff because she knew I had this meeting.

arrrgggg....if I'm not prepared for this meeting I'll look like an idiot...

I chose to look like an idiot, and stay behind and help out.

Ordinary mundane choices - the stuff that the christian life is made of. been thinking about that all day long. still am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home